- Lavenham Priory
- Winner of the Automobile Association's
Guest Accommodation of the year award for 1999
- Benedictine monks originally
held title to this "Grade 1 listed" house, dating from
the 13th century.
- Ownership of the Priory subsequently
passed to the Earls of Oxford (the De Vere family), and then
to wealthy cloth merchants and clerics.
- Today, Lavenham Priory has
been restored to appear as it was during its Elizabethan period
- an imposing merchant's home.
- The magnificent timber framed
house, which was previously open to the public, has undergone
considerable renovation to provide high quality accommodation,
whilst retaining original features from its long history.
- An oak Jacobean staircase leads
to the stunning bed chamber which feature Crown Posts, Elizabethan
wall paintings and oak floors.
- Each room is furnished in an
individual style with Four-Posters, Lit Bateau and Polonaise
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
and provide TV and tea / coffee making facilities.
- Guests enjoy the use of all
the principle rooms that make up Lavenham Priory.
- They may choose to rest by
the inglenook fires of the substantial 13th century Great Hall
or relax in the family sitting room.
- Breakfasts to suit all tastes
are served in the Merchants Room.
- A summer breakfast or pre-dinner
drinks can be enjoyed in the sheltered courtyard Herb garden.
- A relaxed family atmosphere,
good humour and a memorable visit are Gilli & Tim's objectives
Lavenham Priory stands in 3 acres of grounds in the centre of
- Private parking facilities
- Price per person
- Double - Single
- Priory Suite £63.00 £85.00
Great Chamber £58.00 £77.00
Painted Chamber £55.00 £75.00
Gallery Chamber £52.50 £75.00
Merchants Chamber £55.00 £75.00
Garden Chamber £45.00 £65.00
- Room discount of £5 per
night for 2 nights stay or more excluding Holidays / Holiday
Room supplement of £10 per night for Fridays / Saturdays
/ Holidays/ Holiday Weekends.
- Prices include breakfast. All
rooms have TV and tea, infusions, coffee (cafetiere) making facilities.
The Priory is licensed. The Great Hall (inglenook fire), Sitting
Room (TV, video, books & board games), Merchants dining room
and gardens are all available to guests. There is no smoking
in the Priory.
- THE ROOMS
- Priory Suite
- Ribboned 4 Poster - 6' bed - Large en-suite - slipper bath
& shower cubicle - Private sitting room
Great Chamber - Polonaise bed - En-suite slipper bath, shower
cubicle - Inglenook fireplace (Wall painting)
- Painted Chamber
- Four Poster bed - En-suite bathroom (Wall paintings)
- Gallery Chamber - Lit bateau
(sleigh) bed - En-suite bath, bidet, large shower cubicle
- Merchants Chamber
- Jacobean Four Poster bed - En-suite slipper bath, large shower
- Garden Chamber - Double or
twin beds - En-suite shower room
- Contact: Tim
- Tel: 01787
247404 Fax: 01787 248472