Welcome to our page of accommodation
in Hawes! Hawes is located on the A684/B6255 above
the southern bank of the River Ure, at the head of Wensleydale.
It is a busy market town with a cobbled main street and stone
buildings, dating from the 17th and 18th centuries. The old market
toll-house stands beside the Market Hall. Wensleydale is famous
for its crumbly white cheese, which is made in Hawes with milk
from local farms. With a café next door and a number of
attractions nearby, the Ropeworks is an ideal place to visit
for an interesting day out. W R Outhwaite & Son, Ropemakers
was established in 1905 and manufactures barrier ropes, bannister
ropes, church bell ropes, dog leads, skipping ropes, clothes
line, equestrian ropes and candlewicks. (Tel: 01969 667487).
Hawes is about 18 miles west of Leyburn
and about 25 miles east of Kendal.